Hopper and Sling Adapter

bcbarlow7737

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
Indiana
If you have a 722 and the sling when you sling to your remote app its like your at TV2 with the hopper do we know how this is going to work. Do you take over the hopper or do you operate a virtual Joey?
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Its going to work like it does on a 722... take over an available tuner and act just the same as a 722 does.

I am not expecting any additional features which the 722 and Sling Adapter cant do.

Do we know if it will pick a tuner that's not being used, or just use a specific one (like with the 722 it always uses tuner 2 even if it's in use and tuner 1 isn't).

So could someone be watching the hopper at home and someone else watch something different with sling?
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Yes. Two people can be watching something live at home and one person could be watching via sling. A fourth person should be able to view a recorded program as well.

No. Just one of them.

I have heard conflicting answers on this from Scott (he told me I'd need one on each)....

Can you show a document for this answer? (not saying your wrong, but I'm seriously wanting a 2 Hopper/1 Joey set up, and would LOVE to not have to buy a 2nd adapter.)

I have heard conflicting answers on this from Scott (he told me I'd need one on each)....

Can you show a document for this answer? (not saying your wrong, but I'm seriously wanting a 2 Hopper/1 Joey set up, and would LOVE to not have to buy a 2nd adapter.)

I don't have proof. It just makes sense that the 2nd Hopper will be able to access the 1st Hopper's content and vice-versa. Unless the software doesn't allow that at launch...

Last edited:
Scott was saying something about USB device sharing. I'm really curious. I guess we'll find out when it's out....

the $30 wouldn't kill me, it's just a PITA.

Scott was saying something about USB device sharing. I'm really curious. I guess we'll find out when it's out....

the $30 wouldn't kill me, it's just a PITA.

I can't wait until the Retailer Chat so we can get some good solid answers. If it is true that you need two adapters I wish I would've gotten one before the rebate promo ended....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)