Hopper apps

i don't think netflix and amazon will ever happen on a Dish box as they have blockbuster to sell.

You're better off getting those via other means rather than waiting for something that is very unlikely to happen.
I already do. And, obviously those apps are unlikely on a Dish DVR. But, they would still be great to have.

An MLB.tv app would be great and then nobody would even care about the lack of an Extra Innings package.
It would not be very good. The amount of bandwidth required to stream even SD would be too great for a DVR. A secondary source such as a PS3 or Boxee would give you much better PQ.

It would be really cool if we could add apps like on our smartphones and have them run while we watch tv. Would be great for those that want weather updates or know when they get new messages. What would be even better is if you could make new friends based upon who was watching the tv show at that time or find out which friends of yours on facebook and so on was watching the same episode. Would give more to converse about.

It would not be very good. The amount of bandwidth required to stream even SD would be too great for a DVR. A secondary source such as a PS3 or Boxee would give you much better PQ.
I'm not sure I understand your point. What would be the difference between an MLB.tv app on a DVR and an MLB.tv app on any other device? I use the MLB.tv app on my LG blu-ray players and it works fine, so why would it be any different on a Hopper?

That doesn't make any sense. If your ISP has the appropriate bandwidth, all devices on your LAN capable of streaming would have the same bandwidth available to them, including the H/J.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)