Hopper bugs, please add yours!

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
When I watch a program on one of my external HDs, I stop the recording when finished and click to delete. The HWS/CUI ask me to confirm the delete, but when I press yes, it takes me back to the previous screen. The only way out of this loop is to press live program button and I get live tv. When i go back to the ext HD , the program has been deleted, but this is a pain in the a** each time and Dish needs to fix it. Am I the only one that has this bug?

How many bugs are left? List them here.

Reactions: KAB
When I watch a program on one of my external HDs, I stop the recording when finished and click to delete. The HWS/CUI ask me to confirm the delete, but when I press yes, it takes me back to the previous screen. The only way out of this loop is to press live program button and I get live tv. When i go back to the ext HD , the program has been deleted, but this is a pain in the a** each time and Dish needs to fix it. Am I the only one that has this bug?

How many bugs are left? List them here.
So, as you say, it has been deleted, though not confirmed. No need for your extra steps to confirm.

Can't rescan locals without replacing all stations - unable to add to list.

The button has been there 3 years - greyed out and disabled!
Not a problem the button your referring to has been removed in the new UI

Reactions: Hall
I wrote a dissertation on the subject of "you have 16 tuners, use them!" and the many frustrations that could be fixed, but now I can't find it. Search seems broken.

I wrote a dissertation on the subject of "you have 16 tuners, use them!" and the many frustrations that could be fixed, but now I can't find it. Search seems broken.
So it's been said before, yes?

Everything has been said before. I thought it might be a good idea to summarize the bugs to see what bugs are left. Not many so far.

To watch an ehd program, I have to select once and hit play. Get black screen. Then have to exit to a different live channel than I was on before, then go to the ehd again and it will play.

Found an older version of it by going into my "Conversations" where I sent a link to DIRT about it. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3981897/

Still looking for the more comprehensive version I wrote.

IMHO the positive aspects of the new UI far outweigh the negative aspects and all in all it's a huge improvement to the Hopper, including picture quality. Anybody still on the old UI is missing out.

IMHO the positive aspects of the new UI far outweigh the negative aspects and all in all it's a huge improvement to the Hopper, including picture quality. Anybody still on the old UI is missing out.
Then why do you suppose Dish isn't rolling the new UI out to everyone? I expect they at some point will do this but when is anyone's guess because they're obviously in no hurry.

Reactions: pattykay
Then why do you suppose Dish isn't rolling the new UI out to everyone? I expect they at some point will do this but when is anyone's guess because they're obviously in no hurry.

Probably because they don't want to hear complaints from the people who are resistant to change no matter the benefit. All new customers get the new UI and replacement Hoppers all get the new UI. It's just a matter of time.

To watch an ehd program, I have to select once and hit play. Get black screen. Then have to exit to a different live channel than I was on before, then go to the ehd again and it will play.

Same, sometimes multiple times to get it to play.

Probably because they don't want to hear complaints from the people who are resistant to change no matter the benefit. All new customers get the new UI and replacement Hoppers all get the new UI. It's just a matter of time.
I'd be happy to receive the new UI but only when Dish pushes it down to me. My thinking is; by waiting until Dish pushes it down I can be reasonably assured all the major bugs have been resolved.

What are the major bugs? I do not see any major bugs listed here. The two or three listed here are really minor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)