Hopper bugs, please add yours!

What are the major bugs? I do not see any major bugs listed here. The two or three listed here are really minor.
Major/minor is a matter of perception. For me, there are no major bugs, but some people won't share that opinion.

What are the major bugs? I do not see any major bugs listed here. The two or three listed here are really minor.
Then the only question is why hasn't Dish pushed this UI down to everyone? I would think they don't want to maintain two different UI's forever, so there must be a reason.

Probably because they don't want to hear complaints from the people who are resistant to change no matter the benefit. All new customers get the new UI and replacement Hoppers all get the new UI. It's just a matter of time.
So, all they have to do is break all of the existing Hoppers with the old UI and force everyone to get a replacement. :D

I have a strange feeling they will pushing the new UI out to everyone shortly.

There is only so much longer they can support two ui's for the same hardware platform.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Here's one I can't recall seeing mentioned before:

It's on the Joey, but it's all effectively the same - when a program is being recorded and is one of multiple episodes that are already recorded, the DVR menu will list it (if you move to it in the menu, it gives the description of the 'latest' recorded show), the # of episodes counter includes it, but when you go into that program's folder, the episode being recorded doesn't show up.

I think it shows up once the recording has stopped but I usually end up watching something else and don't try again until the next day or days later.

Since I have 2 hopper with sling receivers and a Joey 2 receiver running the old interface with zero problems, I have a couple of concerns about the new carbon interface.
1) Will I be able to share the PTAT interface between my 3 receivers under the new carbon interface?
2) I have no problems accessing my 3 Western Digital drives under the old interface. They wake up and I am able to play my content with no problems. Will the new interface have problems waking up the drives or is that only a hopper 3 problem.
3) I currently can fast forward at the following speeds: 1/15, 1/4, 4, 15, 60, and 300. What speeds will I lose with the new interface.
4) I assume that both of my old USB Dish OTA tuners would be unchanged under the new interface. Am I correct on this assumption.

Finally, can anyone tell me what I would gain with the new interface with the exception of the accessibility features which I don't need.

Since I have 2 hopper with sling receivers and a Joey 2 receiver running the old interface with zero problems, I have a couple of concerns about the new carbon interface.
1) Will I be able to share the PTAT interface between my 3 receivers under the new carbon interface?
2) I have no problems accessing my 3 Western Digital drives under the old interface. They wake up and I am able to play my content with no problems. Will the new interface have problems waking up the drives or is that only a hopper 3 problem.
3) I currently can fast forward at the following speeds: 1/15, 1/4, 4, 15, 60, and 300. What speeds will I lose with the new interface.
4) I assume that both of my old USB Dish OTA tuners would be unchanged under the new interface. Am I correct on this assumption.

Finally, can anyone tell me what I would gain with the new interface with the exception of the accessibility features which I don't need.
I was thinking of asking these same questions. Perhaps this should be in its own thread?

Reactions: pattykay
So, all they have to do is break all of the existing Hoppers with the old UI and force everyone to get a replacement. :D

That's what happened to me. Got the new interface on my original hopper and it was a slow, error prone mess. Now have a new Hopper 3.

My Hopper is broken. New interface on Hopper 2 (if thats what they are calling it) and its slow and now any recording with multiple episodes cannot be watched. It says "No Episodes Available" but on the shows with only one episode available it will allow me to watch them. Also when I delete some shows it does not show any shows in the Deleted section. Weird. I contacted Dish and went through the reset receiver process and so forth and they tell me ...

What I am going to do is fill out a Technical Problem report for your issue. The report I am going to fill out will be forwarded directly to our engineering department so they can research the issue and correct it going forward, which most likely will take place through software update to your receiver. These updates happen automatically so there is nothing more you need to do other than keep your receiver plugged in as normal. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)