Hopper changing is slow.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
When I first got the hopper back in march the hopper channel changing was fast. Lately I've noticed that there is quite a bit of a pause in changing channels. Before it was just about instant and now it seems as if there is a 5 sec delay , I don't get it. I'm using the guide to when I change channels. What's causing this?

Exact same experience here with 1H(v213)/2J(v265).
And I thought software upgrades were supposed to be for better performance and features.

When I first got the hopper back in march the hopper channel changing was fast. Lately I've noticed that there is quite a bit of a pause in changing channels. Before it was just about instant and now it seems as if there is a 5 sec delay , I don't get it. I'm using the guide to when I change channels. What's causing this?

The latest software update (s213) made changes to the MoCA networking code that is used by the Hoppers, Joeys and node to talk to each other. For whatever reason, there are bugs in that code that are causing issues like slow channel changes. Red Button Reset may fix it, or if you look up in the s213 issues thread, there are procedures to help reset the network connections that may help as well if you haven't already tried these.

That is not "normal" for 213. If you ask for help in the 213 feedback section as articos suggests, make sure that you specify your exact configuration and network connection. Me, I'd be on the horn to tech support if I didn't see an immediate answer.

That is not "normal" for 213. If you ask for help in the 213 feedback section as articos suggests, make sure that you specify your exact configuration and network connection. Me, I'd be on the horn to tech support if I didn't see an immediate answer.

Pat, slow channel changes is one of the symptoms of the problems with 213, although I'm not sure there is a "normal" with this software update. Can't say whether dishfan82's problem is directly related to the update, but if the problem has just started to happen within the past 2 weeks, there's a good chance it is. I'd always recommend calling tech support regardless.

Thanks guys I'll try both suggestions . Where do I find the 213 thread ? It's slow channel changing in general. When it first launched it was super fast changing channels .. There was probably no more then a sec delay or two.. Seems like with the updates as they rolled out from there made changes to other bugs but I'd say this update impacted the channel delay big time.

Thanks guys I'll try both suggestions . Where do I find the 213 thread ? It's slow channel changing in general. When it first launched it was super fast changing channels .. There was probably no more then a sec delay or two.. Seems like with the updates as they rolled out from there made changes to other bugs but I'd say this update impacted the channel delay big time.
Top of the page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts