Hopper - changing sat dishes from one set up for 110, 119,129 to one set for 61.5, 72, 77

geneowens

Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
North Carolina
I move the hopper from home to RV and back on a recurring basis. The home dish is aimed at 61.5, 72 and 77. The RV is on a different dish aimed at 110. 119, and 129. I'm having trouble getting the Hopper to change over to the other sats. It keeps going to "acquiring" and using the wrong set of sats. How do I make this change over on a regular/recurring basis?
Thanks,

You will have to do a check switch. Hit menu button settings diagnosyics then point dish after it runs the switch and it acquired signal reset the box and you will be good

you could potentially have to "flip" the receiver to make it recognize your new set of orbitals once you run the check switch. i know we use to have to do it all the time on 722s. You should run a check switch, once you get back to the screen with the signal meter make sure you are locked on to and orbital from the dish you just check switched in and its corresponding transponder i.e. orbital 119 transponder 11. once it finds your dish save and exit back to the acquiring sat screen, when on that screen press the red reset button for 5 seconds then release. when the box powers down unscrew the coax from the back and leave it unscrewed until the receiver boots back up and displays the acquiring sat screen. give it about 5 seconds and screw the coax back in. this will cause the box to start rolling through the different orbitals looking for a sat signal. if you do it jst like that it should acquire signal and voila youve got tv!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts