Hopper Connectivity Issues

sooner-t

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
I had a new 1 hopper/ 2 Joey system installed two weeks ago. I do not have wired lines in any of the TV rooms. The installer added a USB wireless adapter. Everything (streaming, DNLA, etc...) seems to work well about 25% of time. Even streamed an HD movie and had only one pinch point. However the hopper seems to constantly (75% of the time) lose connection 75% of the time even though the diagnostics say it is connected. I even manually ran CAT 5e across the house for a day to hardware from my router and experienced the same results. Its hit and miss on the actual connectivity even though the dish diagnostic tests ALWAYS say connected. Any ideas to obtain a solid connection?

Couple of iPhones, Wii, Roku, 2 laptops. The iPhones are the only devices that really ever use the wireless though. Dont use the other stuff much.

Need Serious Help With Internet Connection

I have 1 Hopper/2 Joeys. They are connected via wifi. My "server" connection keeps dropping in and out. One minute I can view photos through DNLA, stream movies from the on demand channels, everything works great, etc.. Then a few minutes later I will get an error message saying that there is no server connection (however the hopper connectivity tests shows it still conected). If I "reset the connection" in the hopper menu it works again only to drop again later. I have experienced this issue with both wireless AND when I have manually run cat5e cable through the house for a hardwired hookup. This is really frustrating. Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts