Hopper cost

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yellowrosetx

Original poster
Oct 25, 2019
I had Dish for 10 yrs in Texas thru 2015 and MS thru 2016. Never heard of hopper. Now signed up for Dish and hopper came with. Don't remember a choice. If extra $ I need to get rid of it. Any ideas?

I had Dish for 10 yrs in Texas thru 2015 and MS thru 2016. Never heard of hopper. Now signed up for Dish and hopper came with. Don't remember a choice. If extra $ I need to get rid of it. Any ideas?

If you're a new customer and it's a Hopper Duo then the price is the same for the first two years as it would be with a non Hopper.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Hopper came out in 2012, and the Hopper w Sling came out in 2013... I’m confused as to how you never heard of the Hopper if you were a customer through 2015... the Hopper 3 came out in 2016.... and is the current top receiver.

The Hopper came out in 2012, and the Hopper w Sling came out in 2013... I’m confused as to how you never heard of the Hopper if you were a customer through 2015... the Hopper 3 came out in 2016.... and is the current top receiver.

so since 2012 you have never seen a Dish commercial? Seen a Dish print ad?

Very believable to me. I don't watch commercials and don't read print ads. If i didn't frequent this forum, I'd have never heard of them either.

I drive a Chevrolet truck, couldn't name half the vehicles Chevy markets.

Reactions: glynnp
Very believable to me. I don't watch commercials and don't read print ads. If i didn't frequent this forum, I'd have never heard of them either.

I drive a Chevrolet truck, couldn't name half the vehicles Chevy markets.
That may be, but I bet you know what a Corvette is...

Nobody expects anyone to know all of the Dish receivers, but the Hopper is their Corvette... or Silverado.

You're making a bad example of my analogy. DISH receivers are going down the road highly visible. I walk in someone's house, I don't even notice what type of TV box they have. If you see a Vette going down the road, it gets your attention. You want to know what it is. Chevy builds a half dozen vehicles which look and drive just like all the other cars on the road. Who cares what they call them?

I've got a buddy who has a VIP722 in his living room. He didn't even know he had a dvr, or could use the output to a second room. Like I said, it's perfectly believable that someone wouldn't know what a Hopper is. Most people aren't geeks like the folks on this website. Give the OP a little time, he'll be as obnoxious as the rest of us. :)

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)