Hopper Crash - Won't turn on

You're a better man than I. I have often thought about redoing the coax under the house. But, I just can't bring myself to crawl around under there.

I still might do it someday. It would be a beautiful thing to have new coax and add cat6 to every room. OTOH, I could do it through the attic, as well. So, I may go that route. It's hot as hell up there. But, it beats squirming around on my back with subfloor in my face for hours.

Luckily my house is a mobile home and my dish is on a pole about 30 ft from the house. The most I had to do is re dig the trench for the coaxes and my node and other ota diplexors ,etc are under the tail end of the house . So I didn't have to crawl under it, like I do when I have to re-level it at certain times. The most work was the trench and trying to figure out which coax goes to what room. I should of just labeled it a long time ago , so any changes would be easy. Now it is . I can't wait till Thursday morning , so I can get my second hopper up and running.

My guess is that the Hopper software degrades over time. For me it starts with losing audio on SD channels, the rental screen doesn't work and sluggish performance. If I don't reboot it after that state, the hopper will soon either never wake up as the bug that started this thread or it will crash if try to do a search on the program guide.

This behavior is still present in 221.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)