Hopper Diplexer Question

bf3000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Bel Air, MD
Here's one for anyone out there that is going through the Hopper training, or possibly another question that Scott can ask to Dish. I have a coax line that is currently being used to distribute the TV2 signal from my 722k to a TV, but when it was originally installed, it also diplexed a satellite signal to another receiver. The satellite signal is no longer present, but the diplexer was installed inside the wall where I no longer have access, and cannot remove it. Essentially, I have the output of TV2 on the 722k passing through the UHF/VHF side of the diplexer and feeding one of my TVs. My question is, will it be possible to use this line to feed a Joey from the solo node, or will the diplexer mess up the MoCA signal. It looks like (from the pdfs posted yesterday) the frequency range of the MoCA (650-875 MHz) is almost completely within the frequency range of the UHF/VHF (0-860 MHz) side of the diplexer, so I am hoping it will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It will probably work. 15 MHZ is not going to make much of a difference, as all diplexers are 40-900 MHZ on the UHF side.

Thanks Claude - I was hoping that was the case, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything definitive one way or the other.

If I understand correctly. My guess is no. The uhf freq will be greatly attenuated on the sat port. That's the job of a diplexer.

Uhf will be down over 24db on sat port.

Is that your intention? Passing MoCA (650-875 MHz) thru sat port?

If I understand correctly. My guess is no. The uhf freq will be greatly attenuated on the sat port. That's the job of a diplexer.

Uhf will be down over 24db on sat port.

Is that your intention? Passing MoCA (650-875 MHz) thru sat port?

No, I needed to know if I could pass the MoCA on the UHF/VHF side of the diplexer. Ideally, I would remove the diplexer, but since it is inside the wall (not quite sure where it was installed), I can't. I am currently passing the TV2 output of my 722K through the UHF/VHF side of the diplexer (the SAT side has no signal through it anymore), and I just needed to know if I could use that UHF/VHF side for MoCA after I get a Hopper and remove the 722K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)