Hopper + Drobo actually working?

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
This isn't a theoretical question. I know that as a single presentation it should work. The question is does anyone actually have it working? If so, what's the size of the presentation?

I'm looking at recycling 4x 2TB drives inside the Drobo after I upgrade to 4TB inside the NAS . Presentation would be around 5.5TB usable space.

Thanks,

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

If the "presentation" is a single 5.5TB volume, it's not the Drobo that will be a problem. It's the 32bit addresses embedded in the receiver firmware. When I started buying 3TB drives, I was shocked at how many computers I had that only showed them as ~800GB. :(

If the "presentation" is a single 5.5TB volume, it's not the Drobo that will be a problem. It's the 32bit addresses embedded in the receiver firmware. When I started buying 3TB drives, I was shocked at how many computers I had that only showed them as ~800GB. :(

It's an ext3 file system which supports beyond 2TB.

Others have reported 3TB drives working.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe the limit has been fixed for the Hopper. But my worst disaster was plugging my 3TB disk into an old 32-bit Linux system. It saw the correct size of the disk, but corrupted the file system anyhow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts