Hopper DVR problem??

rb8484

Original poster
May 9, 2011
Southwest Michigan
Hey guys. I upgraded to the hopper back in November. When we are watching something on our DVR and fast forward through a commercial, when you go to hit play, it skips ahead up to 10 minutes, it dont start playing at the point when you hit play. Is this a common problem? Will any updates help? What should I do. I hate to call dish and have them replace the DVR, as I dont want to loose all my recordings and have to set up all my recordings again.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

Have you tried resetting the Hopper to see if that helps? If you end up needing a replacement, you can back up your recordings onto an external hard drive and you can back up your timers and settings into your remote by pressing and holding the 0 button until the remote wizard pops upand then choose Back up or you can go to the Remote Manager and back it up from there.

You also might try, and get used to, pressing the Skip Forward Button several times instead of Fast Forward. Skip goes 30 seconds forward and stops. If you get past the commercial into your program simply press Skip Back and it goes back 10 or 15 seconds.

Many of Dish's dvr receivers (not just Hopper) stops exactly where you hit play, it has been posted as such on so many posts. As Bobby stated, the skip forward buttons give you a lot more control as to where you are on the recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)