Hopper EHD / upgrade

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
I'm doing due diligence and trying to learn as much as I can before deciding to upgrade from a 622/722 to the Hopper/Joey route. A major consideration I haven't found an answer to is this:

I know my current EHD will work with a Hopper, but if I upgrade, will the Hopper reformat it or will the programming on my current EHD be readable/usable by the Hopper? (deal killer, I have EHD content that may never again be broadcast).

A second question: If I upgrade, what are the odds I can talk Dish into giving me a new 1000.4 antenna -- I'm having problems with my dual dish DPP44 system locking but not recognizing name on even transponders on 129.

Thanks!

I'm doing due diligence and trying to learn as much as I can before deciding to upgrade from a 622/722 to the Hopper/Joey route. A major consideration I haven't found an answer to is this:

I know my current EHD will work with a Hopper, but if I upgrade, will the Hopper reformat it or will the programming on my current EHD be readable/usable by the Hopper? (deal killer, I have EHD content that may never again be broadcast).

You will be able to use your current EHD with the Hopper. It will not reformat it. Just make sure it is working while the tech is still there.

The tech will also correct any issues you are having with your dish and will replace if needed.

Just upgraded from a 722 system with 1.75 Tb of EHD stored programming and the Hopper not only reads the data as is but let's me hook up both EHDs concurrently.

My installer was anxious to remove my DPP44 switch from the system since my 2H/4J system does not need it. I already had a 1000.4 antenna. The installer told me that the DPP44 switches were a real maintenance issue with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts