Hopper Freezes Switching to Netflix

mheisen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
When switching to the Netflix App, the Hopper freezes giving me a blank pinkish screen. If I switch inputs on my smart TV, I can get to Netflix just fine with Hopper out of the loop. It may be some sort of update that Netflix pushed as prior to the last few weeks there was no issue. It takes a hard reset (unplug) to free up the hopper even to go back to regular Dish programming. A soft reset does not do it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Marc Eisen

My immediate thought/advice is get a Roku. I have a low tolerance for what you are experiencing. So, you might have to change a TV input and have another remote (unless you have a Harmony 650, which is a DREAM and only $45 right now at Best Buy !). Smart TV's just aren't. And most Hopper problems with Netflix are on their end. Just bypass for something more capable and dependable.

Last edited:
Appreciate the thought, but I already pay for Dish and Netflix and would rather have them working. The CSR at the DISH support forum says he has had three reports of this himself, and it is apparently now a "Known Issue" with the U332 update. I received it 12/10 on my Hopper 3

You are correct, but if you notice on my original thread, I am able to access it directly through my TV which has the app as well. My intent was to let others know who may not have that option that it is an issue that they might want to contact Dish about. The Dish Support forum has acknowledged that to me, but others who are seeing it should report as well or they may just ignore it.

Mine does that too but with the last update got fixed magically. To go around push the exit button couple times when it freezes or try turning the receiver off than on. Worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I have Netflix available through so many devices that it's funny that the only device that I acquired in the last six years that doesn't offer it is the Dish 4K Joey. The fact that I can run Netflix using the Hopper 3 is nice since we don't need to switch inputs on the TV & AVR to stream their content, but like KAB mentioned, having a Harmony Universal remote eases the pain of finding the right combination of inputs and device power settings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts