Hopper Frustration/"Known Issues"

I bet they do capture some of these receivers with problems directly from customers and test them out when they are unable to duplicate the issue.

Nice thought, but I asked the DIRT rep just before returning my HWS if he wanted it sent to somewhere special for just that purpose. NO response. Goes along with the "known issues" type of response to problems.

Why should they send your receiver "somewhere special" ? lucky86 suggested that they can capture the information - so they already have it.

Or, maybe your "special" receiver did go "somewhere special" after you returned it. You think Dish is going to give you the address of their super-secret engineering and research and development lab ? :D

Here is my understanding. DIRT submits a report and that report is reviewed by a higher level tech group. If the issue reported is one where they need physical boxes to test or investigate further because they are unable to identify the cause of the issue using your IP receiver logs and they can't reproduce the issue then someone may contact you and try to capture your equipment. Or like Hall said, they might capture the receiver once it reaches the service center after you ship it in for further analysis.

Last edited:
Nice thought, but I asked the DIRT rep just before returning my HWS if he wanted it sent to somewhere special for just that purpose. NO response. Goes along with the "known issues" type of response to problems.

Keep in mind that DIRT members are former tech and customer service agents. We are provided the same information that a phone or chat agent receives. There are times that members of our tech ops team may request for a customer's receiver when it is being replaced but they would contact the customer. DIRT can not request for receiver to be sent for testing purposes, nor can we provide information that we do not have.

One problem seems to be that our complaining shows up in multiple threads. Mine is calledAfter 15+ Years and $17,000, I'm Thinking of Leaving DISH

and I've been PMing with a DIRT member who unfortunately drank the same Kool-Aid of not acknowledging the software problems. I don't think we're ever going to see the real stability that we were once used to.

I would suggest keeping the tone civil. DIRT is clearly trying to help here and elsewhere. They are a resource that we don't want to lose.

2. You cannot access the Dishanywhere feature on a laptop or PC when you are not on the same LAN as the hopper...will only universally work outside the LAN (not home) with the Android or I-phone apps. Same problem on both hopper w/sling and w/o sling regardless of your browser IE, Chrome, or Firefox....on my other account where I have a 922 I can access it remotely from PC, laptop, or phone app. This is so ridiculous that a 922 can perform a major advertised function of slinging programming and the wonderful HOPPER CAN'T!....DISH broadband technical support: Known Issue!
This issue is not known by me. Dish Anywhere works fine for me from a PC outside of my home LAN, connecting to my home Hopper and Sling Adapter.

This issue is not known by me. Dish Anywhere works fine for me from a PC outside of my home LAN, connecting to my home Hopper and Sling Adapter.

I have searched our known issue list and this does not appear. Closest thing I can find is

said:
unable to login to dishanywhere or tv everywhere sites (e.g. hbogo)
or
said:
error 5000 when accessing dishanywhere.com

EHD Issues:
1. When you have two ehd's Hopper loses one of them periodically (does not recognize it)....hard reboot required
2. Transfers between ehd's and various hoppers with and w/o sling are still issues....as I quoted above DIRT recognizes the software update of 1/22 did not work properly and has caused other issues up to and including app issues.
3. New or replacement Hoppers with and w/o sling are not recognizing EHD's at all even with the "wait overnight" suggestion.

Ditto. It's called the morning reboot to find EHD2 every day. Was still there this morning, and I think I know why - I was transferring a lot last night and it probably blocked the 1AM reset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)