Hopper getting stuck on local channels.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Malgus Somtaaw

Original poster
Apr 11, 2023
USA
A couple of times this week after watching local channels I have tried to turn it to a different channel and it would go to the "Dish TV Activity" screen. It does the same thing if something is being recorded, but I wasn't recording anything and it would only let me switch to four local channels (abc, nbc, fox, and channel not available(cbs)). I have a hopper 3 and a joey, if one is effected the second one is not, as long as it isn't turned to a local channel. The only way I have to get out of this, is to restart my hopper. Anyone know why this is happening or how to keep it from happening again?

I have had this happen on an OTA channel. Lets say I am recording an ABC channel. Then I am half way thru it and decide that I want to stop recording. The recording is stopped. I then tune to another OTA channel. The Hopper is stuck on ABC but I am able to watch CBS. My problem was resolved if I let the recording on ABC finish.

Reactions: charlesrshell