Hopper Hard Disk wiped, timers saved

You have your DVR listings sorted by GENRE. That's why it's showing up. Most people probably do not (most use the default).
I'm aware of that. I do it that way intentionally. It's a lot more organized this way instead of a huge list of everything all on one page.

People are creatures of habit. I might count the number of remote-button presses to use either to access a show... In fact, this initial view is the only less-cluttered one a user would see. Once you open a genre folder, you see ALL shows listed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I had my Hopper with sling reset itself and delete all our recordings on Sept 14th. Gave me an error code with the message saying that there was a hard disk problem and it needed to delete all my recordings and restart the system. I did the power plug reboot and it didn't help.
Didn't note the error code but did end up loosing all my recordings including the prime time anytime recordings.
This really happened at the best time to have the least affect on my family. It was between the summer and fall seasons so we had really caught up on all the recordings from the summer season so what we lost was a bunch of movies that hadn't been watched in quite a while. We did need to start building a library of "Wild Krats" and "Teen Titans Go" cartoons for my grandson, but didn't take too long to get ten of each stockpiled for him to watch. He's 5 so still prefers to watch the same programs over and over so 10 programs will make him happy for a long time.
We haven't had any problems since Sept 14th so hope this was a one time thing. If we loose everything anything between now and next September I and the Mrs. will be upset!

OK - my grandson had some problems last night on playing some "Teen Titans Go" recordings including error messages saying the recording is corrupted and can't be played. Ended up deleting some programs then using the red reset button on the front panel. Then didn't have any problems the rest of the night.
I tried to back up the recorded programs to the hard drive last night and found that I can't backup the PTAT programs . I was disappointed to find this since most of what we watch is on the major networks.
Hopefully I won't have any more problems - I don't look forward to having to replace my Hopper and loosing all the recorded stuff on it.

You can back up ptat but it is a process. You have to save what you want to your recordings. Then go in and change the number of days the ptat saves(2 is minimum), and then anything over two days old will transfer.

You can back up ptat but it is a process. You have to save what you want to your recordings. Then go in and change the number of days the ptat saves(2 is minimum), and then anything over two days old will transfer.

Thanks for the coaching. I haven't been keeping updated with the forum since the Hopper with sling has been trouble free until now.
This will help a little but losing at least the last two days of recordings is not good.

Dish should license SpinRite and incorporate it in their DVR's. SpinRite works for TiVo's and any HDD for any use. I find it unacceptable that some Dish STB's try to correct or just report a few recordings messes-up and the software seems to NOT close off thsoe sectors--YES, for DVR formatting those sectors are much larger, but it seems to re-use problem sectors because the HDD/box can keep humming along until it a recordings goofs up, and if not much erased from the HDD, same thing, until lots are erased. I would rather put-up with an 8 hour or even 24 hour SpinRite attempt than a 48 hour to 4-5 day (if requested at the end of the week) time to get my replacement shipped to me, and lose all my recordings. Even if it is a 1 and half day scan, SpinRite could end up saving my recordings for transfer or at least continue to work. BUT that costs Charlie MONEY. Guess we'll never see it.