Hopper hdmi split

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
I'm wanting to put a 2 way hdmi splitter off the hopper in my bedroom to feed a tv in the garage. I have a 50" vizio 4k in my bedroom and a 32" proscan in the garage.

I've been reading reviews on amazon and have seen lots of people saying both tvs have to be on for it to work or it doesnt work at all. This is on powered splitters.

This is not true. I have a 3 way hdmi powered splitter on a 722. 2 with hdmi cables and 1 with cat6 to hdmi which I'm actually using cat5 even though it's recommended for cat6. The only glitch I notice if you turn a tv on while another is playing the 1 playing briefly goes blank for a second. Other than that I've been very happy with this setup.

I'm wanting to put a 2 way hdmi splitter off the hopper in my bedroom to feed a tv in the garage. I have a 50" vizio 4k in my bedroom and a 32" proscan in the garage.

I've been reading reviews on amazon and have seen lots of people saying both tvs have to be on for it to work or it doesnt work at all. This is on powered splitters.
That can be the case for some splitters/instances. However, not always the case.

I have a 2 way splitter to my 24" Sanyo and my Sony CRT projector, works great.

Works fine with one on and the other off.

Got mine from Monoprice item 8154.

If you're going all the way to the garage, I'd recommend using an HDMI extender. Stay away from the cheap ones (balun type)(uses two cat5 cables). I use a J-Tech Pro AV (single cat5 up to 400'). It's worked perfectly for me, and it's not sensitive to noise (RF, EM, etc.). An inexpensive 1x2 HDMI splitter that's worked well for me is the "ViewHD" available on Ebay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts