Hopper Install Help

jeremyw

Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Elected to do a self-install of a new 2H/1J system. I got the 1000.4 pointed with solid numbers on all 3 EA birds.

The installer activated the receivers when he dropped off the equipment, but I did not install until a few days later. I set up both hoppers and did the factory reset dance to get them to go to the check switch screen at startup. One Hopper performed the factory reset and automatically reset, the other Hopper did not (dialog just quickly went away after saying yes). On the Hopper that did not factory reset, I just ran "check switch" manually and performed a front panel reset. Both eventually made it to the "Receiver Setup Wizard" screen. I had Dish CS deactivate/reactivate both Hoppers while they were sitting at the "Authorize Receiver" dialog. Both immediately changed to the "This step will take 10-15 minutes" dialog. Unfortunately, they have both been sitting on that screen for over 2 hours.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

-jeremy

Update: One hopper FINALLY proceeded past the "Receiver Setup Wizard" and after a "hit" by Tech Support, it is now working. The other Hopper (the one with the factory reset issues) is still chugging away.

jeremyw said:
Update: One hopper FINALLY proceeded past the "Receiver Setup Wizard" and after a "hit" by Tech Support, it is now working. The other Hopper (the one with the factory reset issues) is still chugging away.

I would call and verify they entered the correct receiver and smart card in the system. If they are correct,I would try rebooting the receiver. It may take you back to this screen or to a previous step in the wizard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)