Hopper install questions

The coax lines from the dish to the node do not have to be 3 Ghz, but it won't hurt anything if they are. If you get 1 hopper & 2 Joeys you will be getting a single node, which requires 2 lines from the dish to operate. The lines to your 3 recievers run out of the node through coax to the TV locations. Only the hopper requires 3 Ghz RG6 from the node to the hopper. There can be wall plates etc in between, but all must use 3 Ghz barrels at the connection points. The lines from the node to the Joeys can use older RG59 spec coax according to DISH specs, but if you have a newer house I doubt you have RG59 anyway. A lot of people like to have the coax lines from the dish come in their house to a central wiring location or panel and then then run to the recievers from there. From your description it sounds like your house has some kind of central wiring scheme for cable? If so I would put your node there. OTOH some people prefer the node outside, but I like to have it in protected from the weather even though they are supposed to be weather proof why take a chance. Also depending on how many TVs and how many users you have you might want to consider 2 Hopper 1 Joey setup. That gives you 6 tuners instead of 3 and PIP/Swap function on 2 TVs. Hope this helps.

The house is 4 years old, and the wiring is rg-6 but i dont know whether its 3ghz. I do have a central pannel that manages the distributionthe of the coax and ethernet for the house, but theres not a lot of room in it. I have a gig ethernet switch and my voip phone shoved in it. There wasnt any room for my router, so its on a shelf above the pannel. They could put the node in the comms box thats on the side of the house. Thats where the cables from the dish meet the main feed into the house. Im not too worried about the temp as it was 70 here today :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)