Hopper Install Today

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Getting a HWS and 2 joeys installed today. I was wondering will the Hopper be to noisy (Fan) to be put in the Bedroom I know the 722 had a very noisy fan. Or should I just put the HWS in the main room and install the Joeys in the bedrooms ? any downside to the Joeys ?

Don't think it will be a bother at all.....we have a Hopper in our bedroom, and you would never know it is there.

Any advantage of the Joey VS the Hopper in a location ? I.E. Does it really matter what TV set has what on it?

I think for some it's personal choice. Some small reasons may be Picture in Picture, if you are in your main viewing room, you may want that feature. Hoppers are faster the Joeys as far as navigation if that important in a "main room"

I had your same concern about noisy fan before I replaced my bedroom 722. Trust me, the hopper is quite. Nothing like the Vips. Most important, my wife hasn't complained about any noise.

The hopper has bluetooth you can use for wireless headphones which may come in handy in a bedroom. Joey doesn't have bluetooth.
Hopper has HDMI, component and composite outputs, joey doesn't have component. Only important if you must use component.
Hopper can do PIP, joey can't.

I got mine. I am very happy everything is working great still learning. Tech was awesome. DishDave I am reading in another thread that he is having some problems with some apps? Mine is fast even the Joey's PQ is great. On the TV's I view with the Hoppers are a 60 inch Samsung 8500 plasma. And the Bedroom 40 LED . Both look very good. Used some of the settings from the site. I have noticed if I am to close to the TV's as it always was it looks PQ is poor. On the 60" the farther away I am 10 to 13 foot range looks great!

I think for some it's personal choice. Some small reasons may be Picture in Picture, if you are in your main viewing room, you may want that feature. Hoppers are faster the Joeys as far as navigation if that important in a "main room"

The Hopper also has a "swap" feature that lets you swap back and forth between two channels with neither losing its buffer. I use the swap in conjunction with the PIP function to see when the show on the first program is back. (Maybe I use PIP in conjunction with swap?:))

Still can't access Facebook or Pandora know product issue. I think I would have been happier with a VIP722 and a 211z. Had them before and are rock solid

Still can't access Facebook or Pandora know product issue. I think I would have been happier with a VIP722 and a 211z. Had them before and are rock solid

So you're saying you'd be happier with the older equipment because the Pandora app isn't working?

So you're saying you'd be happier with the older equipment because the Pandora app isn't working?

Nope not it 722 was faster switching ch. Easier to navigate dvr menus. Overall smoother gui.

Nope not it 722 was faster switching ch. Easier to navigate dvr menus. Overall smoother gui.

I am not sure if you got a bad box or it just hasn't as they say settled in. But I had 722k's not the 722's the k was faster. The Hopper I am experiencing is light years faster in the guide. Even my Joey's are faster then the 722. What is the firm ware on your box? Sorry you are having so much trouble.

I've had them both, previously 2 722k, currently a H2000, and an HWS. Not sure how the 722 (k) could be said to have smoother GUI or faster than either hopper, unless a faulty situation is present that is causing problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)