Hopper install

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
My girlfriend is getting the hopper and one Joey installed at my house Saturday. Just curious does the hopper run quiet or loud cause I'm debating whether to put it in the living room or the bedroom also does the Hopper do wifi for Internet connection or do u have to hook the either net port straight up to the modem

The Hopper is not loud and the current version has ethernet, but the installer should add a wifi adapter if you need it.

My Hoppers are very quiet. The current model Hopper, the Hopper 2000 does NOT have built in wifi but the techs will normally provide a wifi adapter at no cost if you need to connect wirelessly. The new model that is coming out in a few days has built in Wifi.

Does anybody have the sling adapter and the ota module just curious how good they work and I read somewhere that the ota tuner gets really hot is this true?

I have both and I think they both work very well. I've had very little issues with either one and I haven't checked in a while but I'm pretty sure my OTA isn't running very hot at all. I moved it a few weeks ago and it wasn't hot to the touch at least.

Yeah i have to ask him his intentions. I think that he may want to order 3 hoppers and 3 joeys, but then cancel the 3 joeys so that he just has hoppers on the acct. My wife and i can only think of three tvs in his house. I'm going to text him later and find out.

I believe that during the nightly reboot, the fan will run at full speed for a few seconds. Otherwise the fan and hard drive noise is minimal.

Joey has no fan or drive and is completely silent.

Also remember that Joey doesn't have PIP. The Hopper does have a second decoder that's shared between PIP and Sling.

Joey connections are also limited to HDMI and composite video, stereo analog or optical (PCM or Dolby Digital) audio. Hopper has analog component also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)