hopper issues

kevdogg91

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
Columbus Ohio
I have been experiencing playback issues with my hopper i had installed on January 14th 2013. When i record a show and play it back it becomes pixelated and hard to view then i rewind that part and play it again and its pixelated in a different way. It doesnt matter what satellite the station of weather it is a hd channel or one just in Standard definition. It doesnt seem to do this on my other hopper we have in the house.

Second, We got a OTA module for the hopper. We installed it and it played great for a while then it started to go to a black screen and it doesnt come back unless the hopper is reset we have tried to reinstall the hopper OTA module and re-scan the channels but it keeps happening. We even tried a different cable for the OTA module and it does the same thing. we tried to place the OTA module in a different location and it does the same thing.

thanks
kev

Does the pixelation happen while the event is airing live? If not, I would guess it is most likely a hard drive problem. Sometimes hard drives can just go bad or fail.

The OTA black screen issue is going to be fixed soon with the next SW update. You should also be able to go into the OTA menu and rescan the locals instead of needing to do a reset for the time being.

Last edited: