hopper issues

kevdogg91

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
Columbus Ohio
I have been experiencing playback issues with my hopper i had installed on January 14th 2013. When i record a show and play it back it becomes pixelated and hard to view. about half the time even the sound gets distorted. It doesnt matter what satellite the station is on or weather it is a hd channel or one just in Standard definition. It does this on my other hopper we have in the house as well.

I would check the signal strength on the on screen meter. you may have something blocking the signal (a tree).
If you have strong signal, over 50%, I would look for loose cable connections or corroded connectors.
As with Windows you can always reboot the Hoppers and see if that helps.

i have reboot the Hoppers a few time and look for loose cable. mot sure what eles it could be

Where did you look for loose cables? If only behind hoppers I would go outside to the node and make sure all cables on it are tight. If so if you call quickly you should still be within initial 60day warranty. Might want someone scheduled to come out. And if it is both hoppers you can probably breathe a sigh of relief that it ain't the hoppers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)