Hopper Joey - Internet needed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dish416

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Detroit
-How many Joey's can I connect to 1 Hopper?
-Is an internet connection required to have a Hopper/Joey setup?

Still using a 722k.

Thanks.

A Hopper can support 4 Joeys. I'd highly recommend going to at least 2 Hoppers before supporting 4 Joeys. Upfront might be more, but monthly costs are the same.

And yep, the Internet connection is much desired, although not required.

I still have 2 ViP722s. In a month or two I might move to the Hopper- or maybe reduce programming and drop a receiver.

From all I've seen...

3 Joey's with 1 Hopper
More than 4 TVs, 2 Hoppers, 4 Joeys (max).

Three Joeys is the most supported with one Hoppa, that gives four rooms but only three tuners. Thus the recommendation to only use two Joeys with a Hoppa. And my recommendation is to have two Hoppa's even for just two rooms, same reasoning as Navychop gave, upfront may be more but monthly cost is the same and you get three more tuners, another OTA, etc. etc... and maybe as important redundancy.

Ok without internet I lose all Dish's On Demand features, but what else will I lose out on that seems to be 'very nice' to have?

Pandora Internet Radio
Home Media Sharing
On Demand IPVOD content
Impulse PPV ordering (unless you have a phone line connecting)
You would need a Sling Adapter, but no online remote viewing
Settings Timers online via dishonilne.com or Dish Remote Access app is limited to 5 timers per 30 minute period and you can NOT manage your DVR timers via the Internet

I CURRENTLY HAVE THE HOPPER FROM DISH THE ONLY REASON I HAVE IT IS BECAUSE THEY HAD A DEAL I CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE INTERNET AND IT SUCKS WITHOUT IT ALTHOUGH IT HAS REALLY GOOD HD BUT I LIVE IN A RURAL AREA AND THE PRICE FOR INTERNET IS RIDICULOUS SO I WILL NEVER HAVE IT I PERSONALLY THINK DISH SHOULD PROVIDE THE HOPPER WITH INTERNET CONNECTIVITY FROM THE NOC I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS THAT I WOULD DO FOR THE HOPPER SYSTEM THAT DISH PROBABLY WOULDNT EVEN DREAM OF IF I WAS THE OWNER

I CURRENTLY HAVE THE HOPPER FROM DISH THE ONLY REASON I HAVE IT IS BECAUSE THEY HAD A DEAL I CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE INTERNET AND IT SUCKS WITHOUT IT ALTHOUGH IT HAS REALLY GOOD HD BUT I LIVE IN A RURAL AREA AND THE PRICE FOR INTERNET IS RIDICULOUS SO I WILL NEVER HAVE IT I PERSONALLY THINK DISH SHOULD PROVIDE THE HOPPER WITH INTERNET CONNECTIVITY FROM THE NOC I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS THAT I WOULD DO FOR THE HOPPER SYSTEM THAT DISH PROBABLY WOULDNT EVEN DREAM OF IF I WAS THE OWNER

Have you checked into DishNet? It could be a better deal than it is, but you may want to check it out for your area. Listing your great ideas could turn into something that Dish could do, don't know why you cannot share them. Could you also please use punctuation? This is hard to read. Also, all caps usually denotes that you are yelling.

There are VODs pushed to your Hopper over the satellite currently. They reside on channel 1 and 501. You can also order those movies by calling in over the phone or going online to mydish.com (if thats possible in your area) and order from there. OR, if you have a phone line connected to the Hopper you can order 1/501 movies with the remote. With as hard as DISH is pushing Internet connectivity, I doubt they would start pushing the amount of content that is available currently over broadband to customers via the satellite signal since I'm sure the amount of customers in rural areas who can't connect to BB is pretty small in comparison.

tech, you obviously don't know how to use the shift key or are too lazy to use it. You either use the caps lock key or not. I refuse to read anything you post until you learn to type like a ordinary person. ;) BTW, happy New Year! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)