Hopper/Joey Question

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Do the Joeys act as regular recievers, ie: have guide, have own remote, and able to change channels? I know its a stupid question but know nothing about this reciever. Thanks. Also any other things one should know about the new recievers?

--- not as regular receivers at all, the joey do not has a tuner, it depends on the hopper's tuners - it has guide, remote, can change channels, can record in the hopper and can view recorded content from the hopper ---

manteca said:
--- not as regular receivers at all, the joey do not has a tuner, it depends on the hopper's tuners - it has guide, remote, can change channels, can record in the hopper and can view recorded content from the hopper ---

They can do everything the Hopper can do except PIP, so they can do almost everything a regular reciever can do.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Do the Joeys act as regular recievers, ie: have guide, have own remote, and able to change channels? I know its a stupid question but know nothing about this reciever. Thanks. Also any other things one should know about the new recievers?

Just to beat it to death, to ensure it is absolutely clear, from the Joey you will have a guide independent of whatever guide is showing on the Hopper, you change channels independent of whatever channel is being watched on the Hopper, and you have a remote for just that Joey. The fact that the Hopper is providing these services is immaterial. The appearance to you is of an independent box, with a shared pool of DVR'd material. The only current difference between viewing on a Hopper and viewing on a Joey is, as stated, that there is no PiP function on the Joey.

With one Hopper, you will have 3 satellite tuners to use. With two Hoppers, you will have two banks of 3 satellite tuners to use- but later, that will become one bank of 6 satellite tuners to use. And support for USB based OTA tuners is coming.

--- and i'm right on my answer, the joey do not have a tuner as a regular receiver, it needs the hopper's tuners to work, this was my point - without a hopper the joeys will not do anything ---

How about this one...

Joeys act just like receivers, but they need a Hopper to do it. Sans PiP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts