Hopper/Joey review by HDTV Magazine

here's a better cut and paste link for that pcmag one...

ht tp://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403072,00.asp

I have to note that only two tuners were functional in our test Hopper because of the location of our lab in New York City. A building blocked the dish's line to a third satellite, preventing the tuner from working. The two tuners functioned as described, and this is a problem that will only likely pop up in heavily developed and dense urban areas.

wouldn't it just block certain channels and not tuners???

here's a better cut and paste link for that pcmag one...

ht tp://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403072,00.asp

wouldn't it just block certain channels and not tuners???

I am assuming that they mean that they could only have two lines running from the dish to the node. That would make more sense as then only one line would technically be functional which can only provide a signal for two tuners. A third line is required for 3+ tuners on the Hopper system.

I am assuming that they mean that they could only have two lines running from the dish to the node. That would make more sense as then only one line would technically be functional which can only provide a signal for two tuners. A third line is required for 3+ tuners on the Hopper system.

That is incorrect, only 2 lines are needed from the dish or switch to the node to run 3 tuners. You need 3 lines if you are running 2 Hoppers.

I love my dish hopper and joeys.. I'm also new to dish network. Awesome interface, great picture quality, and easy to use. I love the sling adapter too.. hopefully over time will fix more bugs and offer more options like better DLNA support.. then I don't need appletv or roku too.
Mo

That is incorrect, only 2 lines are needed from the dish or switch to the node to run 3 tuners. You need 3 lines if you are running 2 Hoppers.

My mistake. Then they might have only had 1 line going to the Hopper from the dish. It does make more sense that only 2 lines are needed for 3 tuners, as each line can be stacked for 2 tuners each.

The whole statement doesn't make sense, really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)