Hopper/Joeys freezing and showing black screen - can get to the guide menu but can't push anything.

HeyItsNick

Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Ceres, CA
We've reset them all many times and they start working but after a while, we have the problem again. We have 1 hopper and 3 joeys. All of them are experiencing the same issue. Any ideas on how to fix it permanently?

We started having the same problem with one of our Hoppers (we have 2-Hoppers and 1-Joey). You'll be watching TV and the picture just freezes. None of the functions work and to recover you need to do a reset of the Hopper )Red reset button). Happened twice yesterday (first time it has happened) and once today (so far). UPDATE: It has only happened on one of the Hoppers which happens to be the primary Hopper (has Sling adapter connected to it and network connection).

Any idea what may be causing this?

Last edited:
This is more-or-less what's been happening to me as well - VERY frustrating having to reset the Hopper repeatedly. Dish seriously needs to work these bugs out immediately. I never had issues with my vip622's. I had the tech out yesterday to replace my Hopper (this is number 4...). Please let us know if you get any resolution. It's been recommended on another thread I started to replace wiring/nodes/etc... for what that's worth.

This same thing was happening to me I let it go for 2 weeks basically started with the S213 update.

I put in a Trouble call and replaced my Hopper today everything is working as it should again.

Sorry for the very late response, they came and replaced it - but - it still didn't work. After that, I had to leave for a week with my church summer camp, and, I only remembered my post when I was there and had no access to the internet. Once I got back, I unplugged the thing that was connecting the internet to the Hopper and I haven't had any problems since then, it's been 6 days....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)