Hopper & Joey's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MCIBUS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Bell Fibe TV Land
I'm just curious about the Hopper & Joey?

With so m,any versions of the Hopper, I'm just curious as to how many Joey's can be added to each version

EI\ Orginal Hopper + ### Joeys
and so on?

just read that there is a limit of 1 Hopper 3 & 5 Joeys per account. And the H3 cannot be combined with other model Hoppers.

Last edited:
I think you can still get TWO Hoppers(WS), but only ONE H3 for now. I believe Dish will subsidize/provide a maximum of 4 Joeys per Hopper, but you can add a 5th Joey, which is the technical limit for Hopper & HWS (I don't know the technical limit Joeys per H3's; they use MoCA 2.0, which is aproximately Gigabit speed) at your own cost.

Thanks that's what I was looking for. So basically 1 Hopper3 + 6 Joey's. And the other Hoppers Generation 1 & 2 Anywhere from 1 to 4 Joeys?Correct?

Basically what I'm looking at is upgrading my Hopper to the newest version of a Hopper, but just wondering the amount of Joeys I can add to it. Now grant you its going to be tricky for me to get this new Hopper as I'm in Canada, but I know I can go to the store where I got my original Hopper and have them do all the work. I know its going to be expensive, but well worth it?

Thanks that's what I was looking for. So basically 1 Hopper3 + 6 Joey's. And the other Hoppers Generation 1 & 2 Anywhere from 1 to 4 Joeys?Correct?

Basically what I'm looking at is upgrading my Hopper to the newest version of a Hopper, but just wondering the amount of Joeys I can add to it. Now grant you its going to be tricky for me to get this new Hopper as I'm in Canada, but I know I can go to the store where I got my original Hopper and have them do all the work. I know its going to be expensive, but well worth it?
In another thread, DIRT said that 5 Joeys is the limit, but I'm just passing along what they said. They were specifically referring to the Hopper 3, so I'm not sure about the H1 & H2.

I've looked around and can't find an answer (though it is most likely around here somewhere) and this might not be the best place to ask this question but:

Where can I find out what the current software version(s) are for the Hopper 3, Joeys, Wireless Joeys, etc? I didn't want to start a new thread for this.
Thanks!

I've looked around and can't find an answer (though it is most likely around here somewhere) and this might not be the best place to ask this question but:

Where can I find out what the current software version(s) are for the Hopper 3, Joeys, Wireless Joeys, etc? I didn't want to start a new thread for this.
Thanks!
H3
U345

Joey software
W150
W203
U276
U477

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: xfoneguy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)