Hopper Lock-up & 45 Min's to Re-Boot

Driftwood

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Atlanta
For the most part I'm happy with the 1 Hopper 2 Joey, internet via wireless stick upgrade 2 weeks ago. We've experienced the bugs noted on the forum. Last night the Hopper froze, tried the red button on the front reset, system went to Hopper re-start screen and then to a black screen, gave up after 10 min's. We also unplugged for 10 seconds, plugged back in, same results. After approx. 30 min's, tired the unplug and plugged in approx. 5 min's later. The system seemed to re-boot several times (Hopper starting screen then blank screen, then start screen again). The system eventually started again after approx. 45 min's. I would greatly appreciate this forum's expert opinions, has anyone experienced similar; should I replace Hopper? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like there is something wrong with the unit. If it reboots again and take 45 minutes to come up I would call or pm a dirt team member.

But with that said I am hearing the could have been a software update last night. If you rebooted it and it took 45 minutes it just might have grabbed the new software.

Does anyone have a newer version of software than S204? I usually check in the morning but I didn't today. I'm really hoping for any software update because maybe it will fix my PTAT problems.

Thanks Scott. This issue occurred approx. 8 p.m. (Eastern) last night. I just checked and I'm on software S204 (3/22/12) so it doesn't look like the upgrade occurred (at least to my box) last night. I talked to Dish said they said I may just have a bad Hopper.... bummer :( They are coming to replace tomorrow. Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts