Hopper missed a scheduled recording????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

txcyber

Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
brazos county, tx
I have a hopper and 2 joeys that were installed ~ 2 months ago. We wer going to be out of town this past weekend and I set a timer for the Rams/Cowboys preseason game to record so I could watch it after we returned. When I went to watch the recording, I found the icon listing for the recording but when I selected the start over or watch options, the screen went black and there was nothing recorded. It showed 4 + hours of recorded time on the event, so I tried to fast forward thinking the network signal may have been unavailable at the beginning but to no avail. Nothing recorded!

Any ideas on whether this is a glitch with the hopper or something else. I have recorded preseason games before w/o issues.

I also noticed that when you record the temporary free cinemax/hbo, etc. movies, they will not play back. Guess you have to watch them live???

Any ideas on whether this is a glitch with the hopper or something else. I have recorded preseason games before w/o issues.

I also noticed that when you record the temporary free cinemax/hbo, etc. movies, they will not play back. Guess you have to watch them live???

It sounds like a glitch on the recording of the preseason game. What happens when you try to watch the HBO recordings?

I recently recorded several free cinemax movies while dish was giving a free weekend of the cinemax suite of channels. I used to do this with my older dish receiver (722?) and I could replay the movies at any time, even after the free period was over. Now when trying to replay the movies, the recording is not available even though the icon is there. I had read somewhere prior to getting the Hopper that this would happen.

I recently recorded several free cinemax movies while dish was giving a free weekend of the cinemax suite of channels. I used to do this with my older dish receiver (722?) and I could replay the movies at any time, even after the free period was over. Now when trying to replay the movies, the recording is not available even though the icon is there. I had read somewhere prior to getting the Hopper that this would happen.

Is there an error message when you select this recording? If so can I get the 3 digit number from it?

I had the same thing happen for some Cinemax movies I ordered during the free preview. They would just show a black screen. If I tried to fast forward it would immediately go to the end of the recording and do nothing. The picture never showed. On a side note, I did the same thing during the free preview of Epix, and I can still watch those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)