Hopper Network Connection Dropping

sooner-t

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
I had a new 1 hopper/ 2 Joey system installed two weeks ago. I do not have wired lines in any of the TV rooms. The installer added a USB wireless adapter. Everything (streaming, DNLA, etc...) seems to work well about 25% of time. Even streamed an HD movie and had only one pinch point. However the hopper seems to constantly (75% of the time) lose connection 75% of the time even though the diagnostics say it is connected. I even manually ran CAT 5e across the house for a day to hardware from my router and experienced the same results. Its hit and miss on the actual connectivity even though the dish diagnostic tests ALWAYS say connected. Any ideas to obtain a solid connection?

That would make sense to me except I reconnected via wireless afterwards and again it worked sometimes just not consistently. My router recognizes the hopper at all times as well. I am curious if the hopper prefers the HIC connection because every once in a while I notice that it tries to switch to MOCA so I thought maybe that is why it is dropping.

I should clarify that the same issue of inconsistancy occurred with both wireless and hardwired connections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)