Hopper news updates

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
I just got some more info from Dish when I opened up my email this morning. It mostly covered retailer payments and such. (finally) I also confirms DIU pricing and retail prices of equipment. Here is some info for you, some may be new some you already know but it's just more confirmation.

Hopper MSRP $449
Joey MSRP $149 (YIKES)
Remote MSRP $20
Isolator MSRP $5
Solo Node MSRP $35
Duo Node MSRP $60
Tap MSRP $5
HIC MSRP $30

The Nodes and HIC are included in a new install and I'm sure installers will throw in the Tap and Isolator if needed.

The Hopper is still confirmed for a March 15th release date.

This is for NEW customers
First Hopper is $99 (fee waived if subscribing to AT200 or higher)
Second Hopper is $199
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Joeys are free
4th Joey is $99 and a second Hopper is required

Flex25 and Flex
1st Hopper $449
2nd Hopper $449
1st Joey $99
2nd Joey $99
3rd Joey $99
4th Joey $99 and a second Hopper is required

For most EXISTING customers
1st Hopper $100
2nd Hopper $100
1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Joey $0 Must have two Hoppers for a 4th Joey

For some EXISTING customers
1st Hopper $200
2nd Hopper $200
1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Joey $100 Must have two Hoppers for a 4th Joey

DVR Fee $6/mo.
Whole-Home DVR Fee $4/mo.
1st TV $0/mo.
Additional TV outlets $7/mo.

PrimeTime Anytime
Customers who have all 4 major networks in HD will have all 4 recorded
Customers who only have 1 -3 major networks in HD will only have the HD ones recorded
Customers who only have locals in SD will not be able to use PTAT

So there you have it. So of this may be news to you and the rest is just reconfirming other news.

This actually clears up a lot about when they will require two hoppers.... basically when your account hits 4 joeys. Doesn't seem like they are any minimal number of joeys required either for you to get a second hopper.

I'm really hope they change it. I'm thinking that sales will not be as heavy as expected and will see that more people would get the Hopper system if the first Joey were free. Once Team Summit comes I think they should make the announcment that they will start waiving the first Joey fee and then all the retailers will be excited and Dish will see their sales skyrocket. It seems soooo simple but Dish doesn't always work that way. I just hope they have a legit reason to charge the fees.

Yeah I know and I think that is mistake... I think they would make MORE if they give you the first Joey for free (included with the 1st Hopper)

If the 1st joey was fee-free, I'd get 2 joeys to have HD on 3 tvs and be happy to pay $11 more per month. The way it is, I'm sticking with my single 622, shared among 3 tvs.

As the Protection Plan is a technical support and repair service, it doesn't seem reasonable to expect that it would cover installation.

Equipment Services

Guess there's a fine line or pass practice,or for existing customers only because when I bought my VIP 622, DISH covered the removal of my DISH 500,and the installation of a 1K.2 Dish to make it work for $15.,then because of rain fade issues DISH upgraded me to the 1K.4 Dish for $15. under the Service Plan each time.;)

Thanks for the update. The wait is driving me crazy! Now that you have details on retailer payments, am I doing a local retailer any favors by upgrading directly from them? Or does the vast majority of dealer profit come from new customers?

That's a good question on retailer payments. I'd love to support my local retailer/economy, but if say, a DIU under the DHPP actually costs the local retailer more money than they make, I'd rather go thru Dish and let them foot the bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)