Hopper\PC Question

doug2168

May 24, 2015
home
Hello,

I just joined this forum because I like the info here. My question for you is this, "is there a way to watch the Dish channels on my PC without using the software Dish provides?"

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
You can either use the Sling software on the Dish Website or buy an HD SlingBox, both work but I prefer the SlingBox since the virtual remote for whichever receiver it is connected to will look just like your original remote.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Simplest is Dish Anywhere. Yep, Dish s/w. I suspect any non Dish s/w would be illegal.

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
I have dual access. I use DishAnywhere and also have an HDMI cable from the Hopper with Sling to my 2nd monitor so I can mirror what my wife is watching on her HWS.

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2006
Technically Sling is Echostar software (in fact, it [Dish] is ALL Echostar software), so I suppose you could get a Slingbox, as suggested. That is the best and easiest way to achieve your stated goal, and it is legal and sanctioned. I do it all the time when I am on the PC. It will work for just about ANY device from DVR's, to DVD/Blu-ray Players etc. Any other methods would be naughty and that can get you banned from here. :).

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Irony at it's best! While reading this thread it dawns on me that I'm watching a Dish channel on my PC DVBS tuner without their software or hardware or my Slingbox. 100% legal.
The channel happens to be unscrambled right now. So there you have one coincidental way of doing just that. ;)

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2006
Irony at it's best! While reading this thread it dawns on me that I'm watching a Dish channel on my PC DVBS tuner without their software or hardware or my Slingbox. 100% legal.
The channel happens to be unscrambled right now. So there you have one coincidental way of doing just that. ;)
That's the Pirate Channel, right ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts