Hopper Plus and Joey 4s Software Update

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I noticed this mornng my Hopper Plus system had a software update.

Plus P115 2/10/23 APV P11502
Joey 4 P515 2/10/23 APV P51502
Wireless Joey 4 P615 2/10/23 APV P61502

Reactions: BarnRat
We made some stability changes and did some work around trick modes (skip fwd/back/FFwd/RwD).
I just did a recording skip forward test in my H+ and Joey 4s. The lag time is still too long for me. My H3 is super fast. Once the lag time gets fixed I will move my Hopper Plus back to my primary Hopper 3. Keep at it DISH I hope you will get there.

We made some stability changes and did some work around trick modes (skip fwd/back/FFwd/RwD).
When are you going to restore the 4X Fwd to the Hopper?

15X Fwd is too fast to see where you are and the 60X is even more useless and 300X is just for getting to the end in a big hurry.

Can you expand on what you expect to see?
While watching a recording from the Hopper Plus or Joey 4s and click the skip forward or back button it takes approximately 2 to 4 seconds for the recording to advance or back up. Doing the same thing in my Hopper 3 the action is almost instant. Are y'all still working on that issue Rick Durham?

What about our request that 4X Fwd AND Rew be returned.

Does anybody at Dish care what their subscribers want??

Why did you remove a useful tool and castrate the receiver's utility??

Reactions: charlesrshell
While watching a recording from the Hopper Plus or Joey 4s and click the skip forward or back button it takes approximately 2 to 4 seconds for the recording to advance or back up. Doing the same thing in my Hopper 3 the action is almost instant. Are y'all still working on that issue Rick Durham?
I also seem to jump to live TV or end of recording if jumping more than 30 sec at a time.

What about our request that 4X Fwd AND Rew be returned.

Does anybody at Dish care what their subscribers want??

Why did you remove a useful tool and castrate the receiver's utility??
I think they do care BUT updates have drastically slowed down and there seems to be still major issues! I have complete system feeze ups say once a week that takes hours of repeatedly rebooting to get back going again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I thought even though Dish has their hands full I should update my plus experience. It seems like no ones having the major issues. I am still on H333 but told H338 is newest. I have not nor will I force it. I have no major issues just a few continued nagging ones. Such as remote forwarding, personalized settings continue to reset when it goes in a long standby or reset. Apps occasionally crash but not as often, I think I am just getting use to the delays instead of them going away? I really cant think of anymore. At one point it was hell but it was worth it I guess. I am disappointed in the search doesn't search as well as I pictured and doesn't seem to search well outside of Dish (meaning apps) And google likes to search the web results rather than programs. Searching a actor or a movie name will bring up actor or movie info rather than where/when to watch it.