Hopper problems , cannot disable Primetime anything

iowa_cowboy1968

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Iowa
Hello all, well I don't know if I am in the right aread to look for help but if I am not maybe someone can direct me. here is my story. I have been a Dish subscriber for years and 3 weeks ago we decided to upgrade to the Hopper with sling. so we got 2 receivers and 2 joey's. The first installer installed one receiver upstairs with a joey and one receiver downstairs with a joey. The receiver upstairs is working fine no problems. The receiver downstairs has been nothing but a pain in the ass. The problem is that the primetime anytime cannot be disabled. I follow the instructions word for word and it doesn't work. So it begins recording dozens of shows that nobody even set timers to, sports, ect. every morning I had to go through and delete all that crap. Also it would constantly interrupt what we are watching at the time to record at stuff that nobody wants to record. it would happen 5-9 times a night. So after a few days of trying to figure out the problem, I call to have installer # 2 to come and take a look. He basically rewires the entire connection. then leaves. the next day the same crap starts up again. OK now I am talking to Dish, they send another receiver to replace the one down stairs, remember the 2nd receiver upstairs is going fine. The second receiver arrives. I plug it in and set it u0p as instructions say to. I even called dish to register the new receiver. the next day, the same crap again, I am around ready to personally rip the entire system out of the house. I contact Dish, tell them the situation, they asked when I set up the new receiver did I transfer the old setting from the first receiver to the new. I did , there is the problem.. OK great, so lets just reset the replacement receiver to factory defaults, I will go through and set up my timers again, no problem...here is the problem with dish on the phone they take me step by step to go to factor defaults, the problem is it will not.. Ok at this point they are tell me that its a software issue and they are working on it.. after hanging up I was thinking, if its a software issue why isn't the receiver upstairs messing up, so the sofeware issue is bull. I am about ready to get a hold of dish and get another receiver to replace the replacement and this time when they ask if I want to transfer my original settings I will say no.....unless there is anyone here who has experienced the same problem with that stupid prime time anytime, and can tell me how to disable it so it WILL NOT record anything. Please let me know. thank you

Roger Poole

What to you see in your timers list ? Anything unusual? Try deleting anything odd from your timers list if you haven't already. Have you been using your same remote between the Hopper replacements? Maybe the timer causing this is stored in backup and being pushed to the new hopper as a restore. That could explain why it keeps happening on replacements.

Strange, similar problem happened when PTAT first launched but was resolved with a later firmware update.

Fastest resolution is to get a new receiver. Message DIRT and see if they have an active problem, but this is the first time i've seen this reappear in at least a year.

when I check the daily schedule there are hundreds of shows listed that I didn't want, and I try to click on them to delete them nothing happens, my timer list only shows the programs I have set timers to. and only the shows I want

when I check the daily schedule there are hundreds of shows listed that I didn't want, and I try to click on them to delete them nothing happens, my timer list only shows the programs I have set timers to. and only the shows I want

If you choose edit timer or event from daily schedule? Does the next screen show a different program that'll what the daily schedule shows? I'd bet one of those timers is causing these events to be scheduled.

Had you been pairing your original remote to each new hopper?

who is dirt? please excuse my ignorance

DIRT is the Dish Internet Response Team. They are employees of Dish who monitor this forum. Their names will be in red. They have solved problems for many people, myself included. To find out if any of them are online, go to the very top of the forum. At the bottom is a list of who is online. Their names will be in red. There is a certain number of posts you have to make before you can PM them. Not sure if it's 3 or 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)