Hopper Program Guide Larger letters?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

richandgood

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
I need help. Is there a way to increase the size of the letters on the program guide of the Hopper?
My father is 85 and he complains of not been able to see them as clearly as he did with his VIP722K! Thanks.

Sorry to tell you there's nothing you can do - this has been a complaint since the first Hopper was released, & Dish has done nothing to make it easier to read - don't even know if Dish plans to ever make the font changeable or change the update time like the 722's. Definite step backwards!

I too wish there was a way to adjust the screen or even turn off the graphics and go back to a text based DVR screen... And also a way for the text to be adjusted to larger or smaller text.

I'll chime in to say Mom would sure like the larger letters, at least for her living room where she is much farther from the TV. In her bedroom, however, the EPG lettering is just fine because she is much closer to the TV.

I'll chime in to say Mom would sure like the larger letters, at least for her living room where she is much farther from the TV. In her bedroom, however, the EPG lettering is just fine because she is much closer to the TV.

Once again, move Mom closer to the TV or get her a larger one....

Yes, but until Dish fixes it, which may be never, his advice is sound.

Sound but not very helpful in this thread...

I would be willing to bet that modifying the epg and font size etc would be a big undertaking for the small amount of people that would need it or want it. The guide layout, epg logos etc.

Why did Dish go through the trouble with the older receivers then? I don't like the idea of the Hopper missing features that were standard on the old ones.

Dish just blew it here. Windows, IPAD, and Android allow multiple sizes for its Icons and Windows also has a list and detail view. It is no big deal programming problem and can be easily copied from their older receiver sw for a list view. If Dish treats their programmers like their CSRs, then turn over must be huge and talent low.

Dish just blew it here. Windows, IPAD, and Android allow multiple sizes for its Icons and Windows also has a list and detail view. It is no big deal programming problem and can be easily copied from their older receiver sw for a list view. If Dish treats their programmers like their CSRs, then turn over must be huge and talent low.

So true. If Dish isn't treating their programmers well, they will look for greener pastures. This optical audio problem with the Hopper With Sling has been going on entirely too long. I truly believe they don't have any one capable of resolving this issue.

That's not all that helpful... I think that the people in this thread have a legitimate complaint.

I had to buy a larger tv. With 70% hearing loss I couldn't hear the tv with my hearing aids much less without, so I cured the problem. I bought a 46" for the bedroom. CC is big enough now. I'm thankfull for a sale at Kmart at the right time.

I used this to my advantage. ..I have a 60inch downstairs...42inch in loft. ..but held out for tv in bedroom (had a 32inch box sd television no hd...the sd picture was great haha) but it was hard for wife to see guide so SHE suggested getting a new tv...my response: I guess we can haha... got a 50inch now... everything is readable and all is well

How about some closed captions for Dish Anywhere? Of course with the video not keeping up and then bursting, a major problem, it would be hard to read.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)