Hopper Question (probably dumb)

datwell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 25, 2004
Falls Church, VA
We have two of the original, non-Sling Hoppers w/no Joeys. They are connected to the internet and work just fine (albeit a bit slow). They also have telephone lines connected for CallerID. These lines were a requirement for some billing reason years ago, plus I think you received a discount if the telephone were connected.

I want to know if this is still necessary and do you still get a credit for having a phone line connected? We are moving locally in a month or two and this would be nice to know. I realize the connection is necessary for CallerID - but are there any other reason(s).

Thanks in advance! --Doug

We have two of the original, non-Sling Hoppers w/no Joeys. They are connected to the internet and work just fine (albeit a bit slow). They also have telephone lines connected for CallerID. These lines were a requirement for some billing reason years ago, plus I think you received a discount if the telephone were connected.

I want to know if this is still necessary and do you still get a credit for having a phone line connected? We are moving locally in a month or two and this would be nice to know. I realize the connection is necessary for CallerID - but are there any other reason(s).

Thanks in advance! --Doug
not needed (other than CID/no credit

If not connected to the internet, then Dish may require a phone line connection at each box if one has multiple legacy boxes (ViP's and preceeding), like 4-6, on their account. This does not apply to you, but may to others many boxes on their account. Also, Dish is focused on connecting people to the internet whenever possible, especially with the Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)