Hopper question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

r2s26

Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
Waldorf, MD
I am looking to setup 4 rooms (kids rooms) with 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. Only one tv is HD. Would all 4 kids be able to watch something different given that there are only 3 tuners in the hopper? Additionally, if I add another hopper and 1 more joey to cover 2 other tv's (family room,basement), would one of the joeys pull a tuner from the additional hopper? Just trying to figure out some scenarios because right now I have both Dish and Comcast in the house on different tv's. This would allow me to get rid of 2 Comcast DVR's, 1 622, and 1 722K.

I was in the same situation and ended up going 2 hoppers and 2 joeys and am very glad I did. If you watch a lot of recorded shows it wouldn't be a big deal, but if everyone wants to watch live you wouldn't have enough receivers. Start recording a show and it is more difficult.

With 2 hoppers and 2 joeys you get 6 tuners so you can watch live and record with no issues.

I am looking to setup 4 rooms (kids rooms) with 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. Only one tv is HD. Would all 4 kids be able to watch something different given that there are only 3 tuners in the hopper? Additionally, if I add another hopper and 1 more joey to cover 2 other tv's (family room,basement), would one of the joeys pull a tuner from the additional hopper? Just trying to figure out some scenarios because right now I have both Dish and Comcast in the house on different tv's. This would allow me to get rid of 2 Comcast DVR's, 1 622, and 1 722K.

2 hoppers 4 Joeys (two for each Hopper) - six tuners and six tv's - you are covered.

Like it has been said the joeys can switch between Hoppers as needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts