This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hopper Questions - Autotune and OTA

llokey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
After upgrading from a 722k, I have most things figured out. But there is one thing that I cannot figure out - how do I set an autotune timer? When I went out of town I would use the 722 autotune function to always have a program on my tv screen. Recording doesn't seem to work because it will not turn the Hopper on, unless I am totally missing something.

Also I added the OTA adapter and don't see any programing info on the OTA Nexstar channel corrsponding to the one that is blocked out on Dish(Channel 42 in Birmingham). Do I need to do something special?

Thanks

Last edited:
For AutoTune, you have a couple of options. The first way would be to select a program from the guide and set a timer to record. Then, go to the DVR screen, and press Skip Forward until you get to the Timers tab. Select that timer, and edit it to change the type to AutoTune. The second way to set an AutoTune timer is also found on the Timers tab. Press the Options button on the remote, and then select option number 3, Create A Timer. From there, you can create a manual timer, and set the type to AutoTune.

As far as your local OTA station, Dish does have a separate OTA guide data stream uplinked for that channel. So, it should have guide data regardless of whether or not the satellite-delived version of that channel has the guide data. If you do not have the OTA guide data, then there is some kind of mismatch in Dish's guide database, that there is nothing you can do about on your end.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thank you for the Autotune information. Seems somewhat convoluted but as long as it works...

Also 12 hours later the guide data appeared. Guess I just needed to be more patient.

Reactions: pattykay and sktrus