hopper questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fishman316

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
michigan
I am ready to take the plunge to upgrade to the hopper system. 2 hoppers/2joeys=$0. Just have to sign up for protection plan for free install and of course new commitment. My questions are:
1) Do I need an OTA dongle for each hopper to see the OTA channels on all tvs or will just one dongle work?
2)With my sling adapter, will I see all recordings on both hoppers or just the one that the sling adapter is hooked to? I assume just the one its hooked to.
3)we have a fifth tv in the basement that rarely gets used. Is there a way to mirror one of the other tvs to the basement tv? what is the simplest and cheapest way?

thanks in advance. I went through some of the existing threads and probably overlooked the answers somewhere.

I am ready to take the plunge to upgrade to the hopper system. 2 hoppers/2joeys=$0. Just have to sign up for protection plan for free install and of course new commitment. My questions are:
1) Do I need an OTA dongle for each hopper to see the OTA channels on all tvs or will just one dongle work?
2)With my sling adapter, will I see all recordings on both hoppers or just the one that the sling adapter is hooked to? I assume just the one its hooked to.
3)we have a fifth tv in the basement that rarely gets used. Is there a way to mirror one of the other tvs to the basement tv? what is the simplest and cheapest way?

thanks in advance. I went through some of the existing threads and probably overlooked the answers somewhere.

1. You need an OTA module for each hopper to have access ota channels.

2. Just the recordings ftomhopper with the Sling connected.

3. You could run rcas or rcas to a rf modulator then coax run to the 5th tv.

i thought the hopper did not support ota. someone correct me if i am wrong. while it is technically possible to mirror joey with an rf modulator to coax do not expect the installer to have a modulator or to do this for you. he will most likely tell you no.
and you would need a sling for each hopper.
if you wait a couple weeks, the new hopper with sling built in will be available.

i thought the hopper did not support ota. someone correct me if i am wrong. while it is technically possible to mirror joey with an rf modulator to coax do not expect the installer to have a modulator or to do this for you. he will most likely tell you no.
and you would need a sling for each hopper.
if you wait a couple weeks, the new hopper with sling built in will be available.
OTA module was released a couple of months ago, cost $30 and you can order it online through your account on MyDish.com.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts