Hopper Randomly Recording "Old" Shows

panz32

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
In the last 2 weeks my Hopper has suddenly started recording old episodes of shows I have set to DVR like The Simpsons and South Park, even though I have the timer set to New Episodes only. Doesn't seem to be a pattern as not all reruns are recording. Anyone else having this problem? Sorry if this was already posted elsewhere.

This is a problem I've seen on DISH dvrs going back years. The way around it is to hit weekly on these shows on the day that the new episode hits. Then when the season is over , you delete the timer.

If the tribune data isn't completely filled in (look at the airdate and episode number)...if either of them shows "N/A", then the DVR doesn't know if it is new or not, and it will record it to err on the side of caution.

The last three weeks or so the guide has not been clear about a program being new - or - old for some programs. Sometimes the tip off is a very short description of the program with the same date as other episodes that week. "Under the Sun" on the Veria channel is like that all the time. Sometimes the que that the program is not new is not in the guide. (You can't see that, it's encoded.) When that happens the default is to record it. Though not this time, it is very usual for this to happen with A&E or the History channel.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)