Hopper reboots twice a day. Anyone else?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cdiddy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Denver
Over the past week plus, my Hopper has started to reboot itself several times per day (and that's only the ones I notice and am home for). Basically, the screen freezes up, it sits there for a minute or so, frozen, and then the fan comes on loudly and it reboots itself. The reboot can take several minutes to complete.

Is this happening to anyone else? I don't know why it would just start doing this all of a sudden, unless it was related to a software update, but I didn't see any other posts with the same problem.

I don't believe it's overheating, as the hopper sits unenclosed on top of me bedroom dresser.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Man thats crazy but either way hate to hear that if it was me I would call Dish have them send you a replacement due to that sounds more like a hardware issue.. Just my thought.. :)

cdiddy,

Me too. Hopper replaced 3 times, all cables replaced, nodes, everything. Check my post "another big hot hopper mess". Finally accepted a DISH "upgrade" down to a 722K. All's been great for a month now. Another Big Hot Mess post found issues with number of timers/events.

I average about 8 per week. Had three in last 24 hours. Worst is when PTAT is active. The system shuts down but does not reactivate PTAT. The yellow icons are still on program guide so I can'teven manually record the shows on now or about to come on later. The workaround is using "all channels" and recoring on non high def version of networks. But, each show you want to record will cost you a tuner.

Lately, I've been getting 1-2 per week on average. Once it happened during PT with PTAT enabled and we lost that night's recordings. The last couple times has been in the morning, with no other access or recordings going on at the time. When I've seen it, the screen freezes, the audio continues for 30-60 seconds before it stops, then the box reboots...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)