Hopper recording failures

kad123

Original poster
May 30, 2013
cali
Hello all,

I just got a new hopper w/sling to replace my old 622,...had it about a month. Overall it's been really good, but I am having one issue. Sometimes timers I setup don't record. This seems to happen mostly with network shows, but has happened with other channels as well, though rarely. I do not use PTAT. The shows are in my timer schedule when I check, they just don't record. I've gotten an "error:04" code on some of them. My software is S309. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hello all,

I just got a new hopper w/sling to replace my old 622,...had it about a month. Overall it's been really good, but I am having one issue. Sometimes timers I setup don't record. This seems to happen mostly with network shows, but has happened with other channels as well, though rarely. I do not use PTAT. The shows are in my timer schedule when I check, they just don't record. I've gotten an "error:04" code on some of them. My software is S309. Any ideas? Thanks!

Have you tried unplugging your Hopper for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in? After she boots up, run some timer test to see if that fixes it.

Thanks Charles,

I'll try a hard reboot and do a test. But this does seem to be a pretty specific problem, so I guess what I'm asking is, has anyone else noticed this bug? Specifically that the hopper is sometimes failing to record timers when set up for individual network shows, as opposed to using PTAT to record them all. Thought maybe it's a software issue someone has encountered before. I've looked around the forum a bit, but haven't seen this issue addressed. So, anybody else notice this?

Keith

Thanks Charles,

I'll try a hard reboot and do a test. But this does seem to be a pretty specific problem, so I guess what I'm asking is, has anyone else noticed this bug? Specifically that the hopper is sometimes failing to record timers when set up for individual network shows, as opposed to using PTAT to record them all. Thought maybe it's a software issue someone has encountered before. I've looked around the forum a bit, but haven't seen this issue addressed. So, anybody else notice this?

Keith

Welcome. I use to set up series timers for primetime network programs and run PTAT too. But as time went on I started trusting PTAT more and more found it easy to save the PTAT shows I want every morning to My Recordings folder. So I have deleted all the series timers I had set up for the primetime programs. It was about 30 timers. I have not had any problem with the Hopper not recording any timers that I have set up. Maybe a hard reboot will fix you up. Keep us posted.

Choose either PTAT or normal timers, not both. My compromise is to set timers as I want to transfer ASAP the shows to an EHD. I also want AutoHop so I set 1 channel on 1 day to PTAT to get that to work on all prime-time recordings. I am now setting a day and when it is next, I change the day to the previous one so as to not lose any tuners. (Dodgeball anyone?) It's great that it will do the AutoHop under these conditions without locking up any recordings for 2 days or more.

It does not reboot if you are recording or viewing. If viewing it may ask you each hour if it may reboot and failing to answer promptly is yes. If I could set the reboot time or at least tell it I am ready--please go ahead, then I might play dodgeball with the reboot time. I use to do that on the 622 and 722 and before those. On the 921 (the monster) you were lucky to not get a spontaneous reboot or two in less than 24 hours.

The problem I have now is especially when recording and I pull the EHD power or USB it may decide to reboot and break the recording. Hands off while recording, I guess, but it's hard to wait.

Remember to pull the EHDs before or even during any reboot to save up to hours of "disk checking."
-Ken

Hello all,

"error:04" means a file error has occurred when recording. This is normally caused by signal loss or power failure. Are you still having problems with this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)