Hopper Recording Logic

Slimmfatz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
College Station, TX
I'm almost positive that last night my Hopper removed the 60 minute extra time buffer from a show I was recording to help resolve a recording conflict. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, this needs to be changed! I'd much rather have a chance to reschedule something that will be rerun many times during the week than miss the end of a live sporting event!

No logic at all with the Hopper.. Cut of the cowboy/giants game at the 2 minute warning.. PTA needs to have a sports/live TV auto add on. I have had recordings cut off at the ending. Shows on the same channel don't even stand a chance. Recording stops and starts next show.. And loses something in the middle.. Dish needs to fix all these issues if the want this receiver to be their star..

I'm almost positive that last night my Hopper removed the 60 minute extra time buffer from a show I was recording to help resolve a recording conflict. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, this needs to be changed! I'd much rather have a chance to reschedule something that will be rerun many times during the week than miss the end of a live sporting event!

Was it a PTAT event? If so, the way to assure the extra time is to set a regular edited timer, verify priority, and unskip the event in the daily schedule. It will then use a tuner and record the extra time.

It wasn't PTAT. I don't have that enabled yet. (Although it strangely happened at the 2 minute warning of the Cowboys game for me too, Mark.)
I set the timer on my own though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)