Hopper red recording light staying on

Marsha Renee Harmon

Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Mcdonough, GA
Why does the red recording light stay on all the time on my hopper even when there is nothing recording? I have reset the Hopper several times and it still comes right back on and stays on.could someone please help me fix this problem.thanks.

Why does the red recording light stay on all the time on my hopper even when there is nothing recording? I have reset the Hopper several times and it still comes right back on and stays on.could someone please help me fix this problem.thanks.
It's on 24/7?? My first thought was Primetime Anytime was on, if it's just in the evening or maybe a short just has the light stuck on red

My first thoughts:
  • The OP's Hopper is named Roxanne. ;)
  • The OP is color-blind, and it is the green power light that is actually on.
  • Navychop would love to have that Hopper.
  • It's all part of a conspiracy to burn out all of the red recording lights, so Dish can eliminate them completely.
To the OP: Sorry that I couldn't actually be of any help. If I don't actually have any helpful advice to solve the problem, my next instinct is to make fun of the problem.

Hopper 3 and Hopper Duo both missed out on the red recording light, but we did get that cool red racing stripe along the bottom of the receiver. Now, if only Dish had made that red stripe glow... :D

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell
You could try leaving the box unplugged for about 5 minutes. Maybe that would fix it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Probably a sensor wire broke ( refurb equipment?). It shouldn’t hurt anything. My 18 yr Kenmore brand electric range has the same issue with a red light. Glass top. One of burner knobs has a red light feature that stayed on for years. Normally, a red light is a warning for a hot surface. Eh, I have ignored it! At least, wifey is a great cook!!

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
My first thoughts:
  • The OP's Hopper is named Roxanne. ;)
  • The OP is color-blind, and it is the green power light that is actually on.
  • Navychop would love to have that Hopper.
  • It's all part of a conspiracy to burn out all of the red recording lights, so Dish can eliminate them completely.
To the OP: Sorry that I couldn't actually be of any help. If I don't actually have any helpful advice to solve the problem, my next instinct is to make fun of the problem.
Include me that love:heartbeat the red light. That way I know something is recording when it shouldn't be.:)

Include me that love:heartbeat the red light. That way I know something is recording when it shouldn't be.:)
Do any of you Hopper geniuses know if it's possible to bring up a display of all programs currently recording? I want to find that out from time to time and I don't want to scroll through the whole darn guide to do that.

Sorry; I didn't rush right over to my TV, turn it on, and explore that tab (which I failed to explore before). So, no, I did not see my red balls as yet. :D I assume this works on a Joey as well...
If you don't see any solid red balls then nothing is recording. Yes, it works from the Joey too. If your balls aren't solid red and show a little clock in the red ball then that means the timer hasn't fired off yet.

Do any of you Hopper geniuses know if it's possible to bring up a display of all programs currently recording? I want to find that out from time to time and I don't want to scroll through the whole darn guide to do that.
While watching TV, just press the Options button, and select the first option, TV Activity. If anything is recording, it will be shown there. Simple.

Don't forget the white balls also.
Not Funny Laughing GIF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)