Hopper Remote code for Hisense

gary joslin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
Ahwahnee
Just got a He sense 55H6B. Like the sound and image. However I can't get a remote code from Dish or Hesense. We have a Hopper Joey system.
How often does Dish update their codes.
Is there a cheap universal that will operate both.
thanks in advance.

If you cannot find a code the Hopper/Joey remote is a learning remote so all you need to do is learn the commands you want to control with the Dish remote.

You should be able to program the remote by following these steps:

Press menu, settings, remote manager, TV code, lookup code, find your brand. Select next. Follow the onscreen steps. It will go through all available codes until it finds one.

You should be able to program the remote by following these steps:

Press menu, settings, remote manager, TV code, lookup code, find your brand. Select next. Follow the onscreen steps. It will go through all available codes until it finds one.
Thank you. I have already done that. None of those codes work.
having a hard time believing a manufacturer v would make a TV and not supply codes.
BTW called Hesense. they gave us 7 codes to try. However they are all 3 digital codes. Hopper requires 4 digits.

The mydish.com remote code page lists 7-10 remote codes (depending on model) for the Hisense brand.

http://www.mydish.com/support/remotecodes

Don't dismiss these codes out of hand as you may be able to program the remote itself (again, depending on the remote).

The issue with the "off brands" is that they often use the code set of the "major brand" they were originally manufacturing the TV for. IIRC, Hisense is building TVs for the JVC "brand" and that may be something to try.

Well problem solved. Looks like I have a badvremote. I switched the remote with a seldom used Joey. It programed right away.

I have noticed that we get a delay or nonresponsive remote now andvthen. It refuses to pause or unpause, do so in a ddelayed fashion. Sounds like it is new remote time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts