Hopper remote control question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KD9RG

Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Indy
I am wanting to turn on 3 devices at once, TV, Hopper and Surround Amp by pushing the master power button, is it possible to matrix all these items together. With Comcast and U-Verse this was possible and I did not end up with a frustrated wife and daughter when they try to do something simple like watch TV. Happy women=man with butt un-chewed.Thanks Mike/KD9RG

I am wanting to turn on 3 devices at once, TV, Hopper and Surround Amp by pushing the master power button, is it possible to matrix all these items together. With Comcast and U-Verse this was possible and I did not end up with a frustrated wife and daughter when they try to do something simple like watch TV. Happy women=man with butt un-chewed.Thanks Mike/KD9RG

Do you still have the Comcast or Uverse remote you were able to do this with? If so, try the learning feature with the Hopper remote using the button on the Comcast or Att remote that powered all the devices on/off as the teaching remote.

So much for that. Good idea, but the Hopper remote will not learn the commands. I can't believe that it can't be programmed to turn on 3 devices at once.

Just use your comcast remote instead of the Dish remote. It will control Dish with CBL code 00775 as well as do the master power macro for all 3 devices. Otherwise, you'll have to buy a universal remote. They start around $15. My favorite is the RCA RCRP05BR.

If you can't change the CBL code, you'll simply have to disable cable setup code lock first as follows:

To lock or unlock:

1. TAP the CBL device button - RELEASE
  2. PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE.
  3. TAP 9 - 8 - 2 -- Two blinks = locked, four blinks = unlocked
When unlocked, it is possible to change set CBL box to another setup code

You'll also need to enable IR control on the Hopper itself in the Remote Manager.

Thanks. I'll try that this eve. I have a Philips Pronto TSU7000 that I purchased last fall to replace my old TSU3000. I just have not had time to sit down and do the programming of the new remote. I like the idea of using the U-verse remote. It took me less than 5 minutes to reprogram it to turn everything on at once last night, once I got that done I tried numerous times to get the Dish remote to learn the sequence but it would not do it. Thanks for your help. Mike/KD9RG

By all means, use the Pronto. A Uverse remote won't work for what I described above. I thought you said it was a Comcast remote. Dish remotes have no macro capability whatsoever.

Sequences of commands can't be learned as one on most remotes, only individual commands. Harmony can typically learn a sequence of around 3 in one shot in raw mode, if you are quick enough

Yeah I figured I was asking a lot for it to remember the sequence of codes. I'm really shocked that they don't have the ability to tie the power commands together by pushing the main power button. Oh well. I am looking at some of the apps that allow you to use a smartphone or a tablet too. Those are pretty attractive, course you have to buy a "beacon" to convert the phone commands to the proper frequency. Only issue with that is if you decide to jump ship as far as phones ( i.e. Android to Apple) you have to buy another beacon. Beacon's are fairly cheap though, less than $70. Off to work on the Pronto. Cu. Mike/KD9RG

Just a word of warning about the beacon. I picked up one on eBay, but it isn't worth 2 cents IMO. It's a great concept, and I love the app, but it's learning capability is awful. If you only need 3 devices and they are already in the beacon you'll probably be ok. Otherwise you'll be frustrated that many things won't work. I much prefer an actual remote that works.

If you still want one (apple version), you can have mine cheap, just PM me.

Last edited:
I think you just saved me some $$. I was already looking on Ebay. I'm gonna give my Pronto a shot and see if I can make it work first. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know how it goes. Mike/KD9RG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)