Hopper Remote - Program AUX port to control a legacy receiver via IR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ThomasTrain

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I've just upgraded my systems from older 722K receivers to a H/J deployment.

So far, I'm able to make my way through everything but I'm having trouble with one piece: On my older 6.x remotes, I was able to program the AUX selection on the remote to control a Dish receiver in IR mode by typing '3' for the device type and then entering the remote address.

Is this still possible with the 40.0 remotes?

I'm sorry, perhaps I didn't properly clarify: I want the Hopper 40.0 remote to control a legacy Dish receiver using the 40.0 Remote's AUX port like I could on the older 6.x remotes.

Though I appreciate that I can enable IR on the hoppers to use an older remote, that's not what I'm trying to accomplish here.

I don't know of a way to do that except to use the learning function to teach the Dish IR codes to the aux mode buttons.

I don't know of a way to do that except to use the learning function to teach the Dish IR codes to the aux mode buttons.

That was the answer, thanks. It would have been nice if Dish had brought that feature forward from the VIP series reotes though instead of my having to 'teach' the remote its own buttons (grin).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)