Hopper replacement

Am I able to copy the recordings from old hopper to new?

You are able to transfer recordings from one Hopper to the other. You must have both Hoppers connected to a power source, and the Hoppers connected to each other via Ethernet cable. Once you have this done, here are the steps to transfer your recordings:

40.0 - Press the MENU button twice or 50.0/52.0/54.x - Press the HOME button three times.
Select Tools.
Select RESTORE RECORDINGS.
Select Events on Restore Recordings screen.
Select Events to transfer and then select Start Transfer.
Select Yes to continue through the Warning pop-up.
Select Watch TV while recordings are transferred.

-Rosita L.

Also, it has been reported that transferring to an external HDD is "always" or highly successful but H3 to H3 is hit and miss, and not as reliable to succeed, and that comes from both normals and a reliable tech on this forum.

Reactions: HipKat
the only problem with this, as I tried to do the transfer last week from HWS to HWS with ethernet...is it takes forevah!

The 100mbit ethernet transfer speeds...well it's 100mbps. I had 729 shows (all of Worlds Dumbest, and all of Married with Children)...plus a couple oddball movies. Estimated that it would take around 2 days of transferring...then after I started it, it quit without any reason in hour 2. I didn't try again and just said "**** and other adjectives"...

the only problem with this, as I tried to do the transfer last week from HWS to HWS with ethernet...is it takes forevah!

The 100mbit ethernet transfer speeds...well it's 100mbps. I had 729 shows (all of Worlds Dumbest, and all of Married with Children)...plus a couple oddball movies. Estimated that it would take around 2 days of transferring...then after I started it, it quit without any reason in hour 2. I didn't try again and just said "**** and other adjectives"...
That big of a transfer, you want to do in small groups

tried a couple of times...apparently of the 229 episodes of World's Dumbest, there were a couple that were corrupted because it canceled every time I tried...and those were the most important to me.

I've done a number of BIG transfers--but H and/or H3 to external HDD (when needing to repalce the DVR), and gotten great results with reasonable time that seemed surprisingly short/fast--NOT days, but hours, sometimes estimated something like 8 or 12 or a few more hours if hours. The only problem recordings when attempting a transfer are PTAT recordings, even those set to save as a single show/recording, but that has LONG been a known problem/limitation. Other than that, tranfers to external have always benn sucessful.

Two days..how many recordings was it? I got a bigger external drive so that I can keep things on my external and not worry about it. Wound up with a 5TB Fantom for the HWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts